Shetlopedia - The Shetland Encyclopaedia
- Papa Stour Kirk was built.
- Robert Honyman re-elected as MP for Orkney & Shetland.
- A vessel, thought to possibly have been named the Avassa is understood to have wrecked at an unspecified location on or near Dunrossness during or before 1806. All of the crew were saved, but were suffering from frostbite, from which some of them subsequently perished.
- An unidentified vessel wrecked in the Bay of Quendale, all of the crew were saved.
The George Washington (1806), a barque with mixed cargo, of and for Salem, Massachusetts, U.S.A. from Danzig (now Gdansk), Poland and/or Hamburg, Germany, wrecked in the East Voe of Quarff in foggy conditions.
- A 'large vessel', laden with a cargo of timber, but otherwise unidentified, recorded as having been 'dashed to pieces', 'to the north of Clumlie', Dunrossness.
The Thetis, a brig with mixed cargo, of Whitehaven, Cumbria, England, for Liverpool, England from St Petersburg, Russia, wrecked on either Balta or Burra.