Shetlopedia - The Shetland Encyclopaedia
- Gross rentals amounted to £6741.
- Shetland Fishermen's Fund was set up for 'decayed fishermen and their widows'.
- The Mary (1810), a full rigged ship, laden with a mixed cargo, registered in Great Britain, and from Liverpool England wrecked near Stava Ness, Nesting either during January or on February 16th.
- The Gratis, a full rigged ship laden with timber, of and from Drammen, Norway for Cork, Ireland wrecked at Aithsvoe, Cunningsburgh on either April 6th or May 5th. Four of the crew were saved, fourteen or fifteen were lost.
- The Gurnior, of either Arendal or Drammen, Norway, laden with a cargo of timber, wrecked at an unrecorded loaction on or near Shetland sometime during the first three weeks of the month.
The Dorothea, a full rigged ship laden with a cargo of timber, of and from Arendal, Norway, for Wexford, Ireland wrecked on "Noss". Most probably the Isle of Noss, Bressay.
Thomas Balfour, MP for Orkney and Shetland was born.