Anderson & Company
|Business Contact Details|
|Address:|| 60-62 Commercial Street,|
Lerwick. ZE1 0BD
<keywords content="shetland directory, shetland businesses, shetland, shetlopedia, shetland isles" />
Anderson & Company, The Shetland Warehouse (Est. 1872), at 60 - 62 Commercial Street, retails genuine Shetland Knitwear, as well as a full range of clothing and accessories for babies and young children.
Anderson & Co was founded in 1872 by Thomas Anderson, with his brother Robert joining the partnership a year later, but it is uncertain as to when the move to the present premises was made. With advancing years and with neither having an heir, in 1920 , employee Laurence G Scott was made a partner. Robert died in 1921 and after Thomas's death in 1931 , Laurence's son, Frank, and employee William Henry entered the partnership. Laurence died in 1960 and William Henry retired in 1969 , at which time Frank brought his wife, his daughter and his son-in-law, David Pottinger, into the partnership. After Frank's death in 1996 and David's retirement in 2002 , the business passed to the present (2009) owners Evelyn and Norman Leask.