Burrastow Sea Trout
Shetlopedia - The Shetland Encyclopaedia
- 1kg (2¼lb) Sea trout, filleted
- 275ml (½pt) Fish stock
- 125ml (4floz) Dry rosé wine
- 15ml (1tbsp) Raspberry vinegar
- 30-50g (1-2oz) Butter
- ½ Lemon, squeezed
- 5 Fennel sprigs, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven temperature to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- 2. Place sea trout fillets in an oven proof dish with a little of the fish stock. Season well. Put in the oven for 5-8 minutes until cooked. Remove fish from the oven but keep warm.
- 3. Pour the juice from the fish into a pan with remaining stock, rosé wine and raspberry vinegar. Bubble hard and reduce by half.
- 4. Add butter, lemon juice and finely chopped fennel sprigs.
- Lift the skin off the fillets of fish and lay them on a plate. Pour over the sauce. Serve immediately.
- Serve with new potatoes or a green leaf salad.