Haa of Sand
The Haa of Sand in Sandsound, Parish of Sandsting, built in 1754, is almost indentical to the Scalloway Haa; - three stories, five bays and one room deep. It was built as a summer residence by Sir Andrew Mitchell of Westshore, Scalloway who was allegedly given leave by the Earl of Morton to remove different items like door and window jambs from Scalloway Castle. Two complete doorways from the Castle lead into the Haa. There is a moulded entrance with an armorial panel over. The principal rooms on the first floor and the bedrooms above are panelled with Norwegian pine.