Michael P. Barnes
Michael Barnes, professor of Scandinavian Studies at University College, London, holds a BA and an MA from UCL. He has written widely on the Scandinavian languages, notably on their development in the period AD c.200-1300. Professor Barnes' primary areas of interest are Norn, Runology and Faroese.
- The Runic Inscriptions of Viking Age Dublin (with J.R. Hagland and R.I. Page), Dublin, 1997
- The Norn Language of Orkney and Shetland, Lerwick, 1998
- 'The transitional inscriptions' in Runeninschriften als Quellen interdisziplinärer Forschung, (ed. Düwel), Berlin, 1998
- A New Introduction to Old Norse I: Grammar, London, 1999
'Norse and Norn' in Languages in Britain and Ireland, (ed. Price), Oxford, 2000
- Från runsten till e-post: Utvärdering av svensk forskning i Nordiska språk (with Jan Terje Faarlund and Hans-Peter Naumann). Stockholm, 2000