Mind Your Head
Mind Your Head is a Shetland charity formed to raise awareness of mental ill-health. Consisting of a committee of 12 elected members , the charity aims to:
- Raise mental health awareness in Shetland;
- Reduce the stigma of mental ill-health;
- Promote counselling and other forms of mental health support services;
- Promote mental ill-health awareness specifically in relation to suicide prevention;
- Work in partnership with existing mental health agencies to further the objectives of the charity.
In 2006, Mind Your Head started an annual fund-raising event - the Round Spiggie Fun Run and Walk.
The 10KM event, on the road around the Brow and Spiggie lochs, starts and finishes at the Dunrossness Central Public Hall.
In 2006 the event had over 250 participants and raised £6,000 for the charity.
The 2007 event took place on the 12th August and raised over £5,000 had more than 300 participants.
The 2008 event had 420 entrants.
The 2009 event, on 9th August, had 563 entrants.