North Haa, West Sandwick
Now to the back is a former laird's house (north block) dating back to the 17th century which is connected by a 2 storey link to a larger addition built about 1780 (south block).
The whole building was remodelled by John Ogilvy of Quarff after 1829 the year he married Barbara Grace Robertson, the heiress to the estate.
The principal first floor has a round headed window, flanked by tri-partite windows and a central pedimented porch with a decorative urn on top.
The side office wings were part of the 1829 extensions. They have Venetian windows and their pediments are toped with decorative balls adding to the 'mediterranian touch' of the remodelled south elevation.
It is likely that the formal garden arrangements with a rectangular garden in front of the south bock and a semi-circular enclosure adjoining the north block and the drystone wallings around the house were carried out at the same time.
To the southeast of the house is a fine example of a domestic pier which is also part of the A-listed building as well as all the garden, wall and gate features on the ground.
The interior of the building still exhibits much of the fine decor from its grander days.
The current owners have renovated some of the interior, including the kitchen, in keeping with the stature of the house.