Steven Robertson is a Shetland born theatre and film actor.
Born at Vidlin in 1980 he attended the Lunnasting Primary School, Brae High School, and Anderson High School, before attending the Fife College in Kirkaldy, where he was named 'Student of the year'.
After college, in 2004, he became the first Shetlander to be accepted into the Guildhall acting school in London, where he received an Honours BA in Acting.
Steven's ability and success as an actor is even more remarkable, given the fact that he suffered from, and overcame, severe dyslexia.
Chekhov’s The Seagull
For Steven's part in The Seagull, he earned an Ian Charleson Award Nomination for Best Actor (2004)
Other Stage Acting Includes
Anthony & Cleopatra, Ward Six and King Lear.
Sugarhouse Lane (2007)
- Character Played: Chris
Plot Ouline: Disillusioned middle class city boy Tom is looking for something in the back streets of London; he thinks D - a young desperate drug addict can give him what he needs. But what D’s offering comes with more than just a price tag…
Holed up in a derelict warehouse, with the impending threat of local crimelord Hoodwink at their backs, both men play an intense game of cat and mouse; scrambling to cut a deal and make sense of the very lives they may be about to lose.
- Character Played: Unknown
- Plot Ouline: A couple returning from an exhilarating night of partying and choreographed debauchery in a lavish country house, speed down a wooded and desolate road that catapults them both into a fateful collision and a brutal and unprovoked attack which leaves them both emotionally and physically scarred. An attack that fuels their mission for revenge…
True North (2006)
- Character Played: The Cook
- Plot Outline: A poor fisherman agrees to smuggle Chinese immigrants to make ends meet, only to encounter a life-threatening situation.
Joyeux Noël (2005)
- aka Merry Christmas (USA)
- Character Played: Jonathan
- Plot Ouline: This film is based on the true stories of the 1914 WW1 Christmas ceasefires along the front lines. The sudden outbreak of the war that summer has suddenly drawn many men away from their usual lives into this bizarre, terrible existence.
Kingdom of Heaven (2005)
- aka Königreich der Himmel (Germany)
- aka Reino de los cielos, El (Spain)
- Character Played: Angelic Priest
- Plot Ouline: Kingdom of Heaven follows the story of an Engineer and Artificer making his living as a blacksmith in France, haunted by his wife's recent suicide as the result of a miscarriage. A group of Crusaders rides by the small village, demanding food and shelter, which Balian (Bloom) grants. After discovering the existence of his out-of-wedlock father, Baron Godfrey of Ibelin (Neeson), he finds that that the town priest is wearing a pendant that belonged to his wife, Enraged, he viciously murders the priest. Afterwards he decides to follow his father and his men to Jerusalem in the hope of gaining redemption and forgiveness for both his wife and himself.
Inside I'm Dancing (2004)
- aka Rory O'Shea Was Here (USA)
- Character Played: Michael Connolly
- Plot Outline When the kinetic Rory O Shea(James McAvoy) moves into his room in the Carrigmore Residential Home for the Disabled, his effect on the home is immediate. Most telling is his friendship with Michael Connolly (Steven Roberson), a young man with cerebral palsy and nearly unintelligible speech. Somehow, Rory understands Michael, and encourages him to experience life outside the confines of home.
- Plot Synopsis: Michael is a 24-year-old who has cerebral palsy and long-term resident of the Carrigmore Residential Home for the Disabled, run by the formidable Eileen. His life is transformed when the maverick Rory O'Shea moves in. Michael is stunned to discover that fast talking Rory, who can move only his right hand, can understand his almost unintelligible speech. Rory's dynamic and rebellious nature soon sparks a flame in Michael, introducing him to a whole new world outside of Carrigmore.
The Race (2004)
- Character Played: Mullet
- Plot Ouline:
Brighton Rock (2010)
He Kills Coppers (2008)
- Character Played: Tony Meehan
- Character Played: Michael Faraday
- Plot Outline: The story of the discovery and realization of the famous equation e=mc² by Albert Einstein. The program includes a quite detailed summary of the history of physics up to that date and how the various components of the formula were discovered and codified by various people through the ages. The last part of the program includes a summary of Einstein's academic papers in that year (1905) and the path to nuclear weapons.
- Shameless: Channel 4: Series 6, Episode 12. Played: Padraig McGuire's (Paddy McGuire's dead father) - during a flashback scene. It can be watched online here
Ashes to Ashes
- Jimmy Perez in the dramatisation of the second book of Ann Cleeves' Shetland quartet. Broadcast as the Saturday Play on BBC Radio 4 on Saturday 2nd July.