William Fordyce Clark
William Fordyce Clark (b. 21 May 1865, Uyeasound, Unst, d. 6 August 1948, Hillsgarth) was a Shetland author and County Councillor. His was the son of Andrew Clark, (b. 13.12.1819, Uyeasound) and Mary Fordyce (b. 22.7.1822, Uyeasound).
He married Elizabeth Grace Bruce, (b.1871, Baltasound) on the 6th of July 1893 in Liverpool. They had two children, both born in Edinburgh where the couple lived, Herbert Erland Fordyce Clark (b. 24.9.1896) and Hilda Mary Fordyce Clark (b.28.8.1900).
- Northern Gleams: tales of the Shetland Isles, T and J Manson, 1898
- Story of Shetland, Edinburgh & London, 1906
- Shetland Nights: tales from the Land of the Simmer Dim, Edinburgh & London, 1912
- The Shetland Sketchbook: folk-lore, legend, humour, incident, Edinburgh & London, 1930
- Ventures in Verse, illustrated by Fred Irvine was published posthumously in 1951
- The Temptation: a Shetland story (Date?)