Shetlopedia - The Shetland Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 03:31, 4 November 2010 by JAStewart
- George Trail, British Whig Party, was elected as MP for Orkney & Shetland.
- The St. Olaf Church in Cullivoe, Yell, was built.
- Author James Stout Angus was born.
- The Church of Scotland constituted the synod of Zetland by dividing the Presbytery of Zetland into the Presbyteries of Lerwick and Burravoe.
The Norna (1830), from Shetland, for Liverpool, England drove ashore in Uyea Sound and filled with water.
- A total of six unspecified Shetland registered fishing boats with a total of 30 crew lost at unspecified locations off the SE off Shetland, from Bressay to Sumburgh Head during gales.