Lerwick South By-Election February 2008
Shetlopedia - The Shetland Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 01:40, 6 January 2011 by Ghostrider
Candidates<ref>Shetland News Article, 5th February 2008</ref>
- Peter Campbell, former headmaster and EIS official, from Sandyloch Drive Lerwick.
- Larry Deyell, from Nederdale, Lerwick.
- Geoff Feather, former councillor from Gulberwick.
- Robbie Leith, former candidate, from Sandveien, Lerwick.
- Maurice Mullay, former candidate and Shetland Islands Tourism Chief Executive, from Gulberwick.
- Vic Thomas, environmental campaigner, from Hoswick, Sandwick.
- Lyle Williamson, computer technician, from Knab Road, Lerwick.
- Jonathan Wills, former councillor, Scottish & UK Parliamentary candidate, and newspaper editor, from Bressay.
|Maurice Mullay||Scottish Conservatives||169||171||177||199|
Jonathan Wills was duly elected at stage 7, to serve as and SIC councillor for the Lerwick South ward.
- Total Electorate: 3382
- Votes Cast: 1331
- Valid votes:1324
- Rejected as void: 7
- Turnout: 39%