Te Ara The Encyclopedia of New Zealand or Te Ara for short, is an online encyclopedia, set up by the NZ government, specifically, the Ministry for Culture and Heritage. The project was established in 2002 and the website launched in 2005, but succeeds an earlier print edition from 1966.
The website edition also absorbed the Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, formerly a notable work in its own right.
- Fraser, Philadelphus Bain (Philadelphus Bain Fraser)
- Maclaurin, James Scott (James Scott Maclaurin)
- Sievwright, Margaret Home (Margaret Home Sievwright)
- Jamieson, James Peter Speid (James Peter Speid Jamieson)
- Robert Stout (Robert Stout)
- Tucker, William Henry Terry(William Henry Terry Tucker) (Campbell Island)
- Wason, John Cathcart (Cathcart Wason)
1966 edition articles
- A Shetlander fishing in Cook Strait
- Shetland Islanders on Campbell Island
- Picture of Fisherman's rugby team, including Shetlanders.
- Image of Cleared Cottages in Shetland
- Shetland woman knitting
- Andrew Mitchell's Cottage, Fruitlands
Articles related to Shetland colonisation and settlement in NZ.
- Fishing industry
- Fishing methods (mentions Shetland boat builders)
- History of Immigration (Shetland mentioned under Scots and Irish)
- History of Immigration (mentions Shetland miners)
- Karamea, place settled by Shetlanders. (Karamea)
- Scottish immigration (subsection on Shetlanders)
- West Coast region
- West Otago and Teviot valley
- Channel Islanders (mentions Shetland)